This is a sponsored post with compensation received from General Mills. As always, all opinions are my own.
Summer is winding down, Back-to-school time is right around the corner, and thus ends our carefree lazy days of summer. As I start to think about going back to school, I reflect on some of our “problem areas” of the year before (you know, like the time I stuck a plain tortilla in my kid’s lunch box and called it a wrap because I hadn’t gone grocery shopping). So with hope in my heart, I create new goals and elaborate home organization systems to tackle these problem areas and make this “the smoothest, most organized school year ever”!
This year, one of my big goals is to double my efforts when it comes to Box Tops for Education. I’m pretty sure if I can manage this one thing, the rest of our school year will just fall into place. You are probably thinking “Really? All that from Box Tops?” YES! Let me share 5 Real World Mom Reasons to save Box Tops and how it will help you be the best school-mom ever!
* Organized Mom Status Achieved – In my life, I try to portray a pretty honest representation of who I really am. Sometimes making a good impression is everything. If I am the mom who turns in little envelopes (or cleverly crafted storage containers) of beautifully clipped Box Tops to my kids’ teachers, I am SURE to make a good impression of being a super organized mom who has everything under control. I’m counting on this perception to help teachers overlook the times that we forget to turn in our field trip permission form or when my kids show up wearing two different shoes.
* I Hate Candy Bar Sales – I can’t be the only one who hates trooping the kids around the neighborhood hawking over-priced candy bars/candles/wrapping paper to any kindly neighbor who is willing to answer the door for us. If I don’t, the mommy-guilt sets in because I absolutely LOVE our school, and truly want to help support it. Enter Box Tops! Clipping and turning in Box Tops is a super simple, yet very effective, way to care for my child’s school without going through all of the drama of selling anything! No more mommy-guilt here!
* Fun Days are Easy Days – I really love when my kids’ school has fun special event days like field trips, hands-on experiments, computer lab days, field day, and all of the other special things that make learning fun! You know why… because those are the days that are THE EASIEST to get my kids up and motivated to get ready for school (oh and because it makes for an enriched, active learning experience). With school budgets always lacking, Box Tops are what make a lot of these fun days possible. I’m so thankful that my kids’ school has been collecting Box Tops to provide these opportunities for my kids!
* Visible Proof That I Feed My Children – Box Tops are found on lots of fantastic General Mills Products such as Nature Valley Granola Bars, Chex Cereal, and Cheerios. So by turning Box Tops in, my kids’ teachers will know that I do properly nourish my children when it gets to those crazy end-of-year “plain tortilla” lunches.
* A Little Extra Back-To-School Spending Money – I think all moms know that Back to School shopping can get really expensive. CVS is helping out with that. Between 8/20-8/27 CVS will be holding an amazing Extra Bucks Offer. *Spend $30 on participating Box Tops products (you know, those great General Mills Products that you already need to stock up on) and get a $10 ExtraBucks reward! That’s a great way to get a little extra money to spend on that long list of Back to School supplies! Check out the list of qualifying products and start building your shopping list.
In all honesty, I really do love the Box Tops program and all that it provides for my kids’ school. For more info on the Box Tops program, how to get involved in it for your own school, or to look for a collection drive, visit CVS to see more info. You can also stay up to date by following Box Tops for Education on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
*Offer valid 8/20/17 – 8/27/17. $30 worth of participating General Mills BTFE products must be purchased in a single transaction with CVS card in order to receive 10 CVS ExtraBucks automatically at checkout. Net purchase determined after all discounts, offers and coupons. Each box top is worth 10 cents to redeeming school when clipped from box tops products and sent to the redeeming school. Only BTFE registered schools can redeem box tops. Limit $20,000 per school per year for box tops redeemed through the clip program. See www.boxtopsforeducation.com for program details.