This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Acorn Influence, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day! To be honest, I don’t always have much of an appetite in the morning so I tend to eat light. So when do I get my big tasty breakfast? My family loves serving breakfast for dinner! Since I’m not much of an early morning person, preparing a big breakfast at dinnertime is much easier for me. Perhaps it defeats the purpose of breakfast being so important, but a tasty meal is important too, right? The hubby and I have come up with a California Breakfast Burrito that is quick enough to be made in the morning, and yummy enough to pass for dinner!
With Cinco de Mayo coming up, everyone needs an excellent tortilla for their Mexican-inspired dishes. Costco sells TortillaLand® Organic Uncooked Flour Tortillas in one of the refrigeration aisles, and they are amazing! The 36-pack comes with two separate packs within, so you can use one pack now and freeze the second pack for later.
We joke that my oldest is a tortilla connoisseur because he is takes his tortilla eating seriously, and typically only likes them from a certain restaurant. I introduced him to TortillaLand® Uncooked Flour Tortillas and I’ve won my son over to tortillas we can quickly cook at home. These are restaurant-quality and take only 60 seconds to cook (30 seconds per side).
Start Cinco de Mayo by whipping up my California Breakfast Burritos to start your day on the right foot. With the perfect outer shell covered, fill it with fluffy eggs and cheese, crispy bacon, creamy avocado, potatoes, tomatoes and sour cream. Little to no seasoning is required because the combination of flavors and textures is nearly all you need.
- 2 TortillaLand® Organic Uncooked Flour Tortillas
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbs milk
- 1/4 cup cooked potatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbs shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbs sour cream
- In a large frying pan, cook bacon per instructions on package. Remove from pan and wipe out grease with paper towels.
- In the same frying pan, heat butter over medium heat. While butter is melting, whisk eggs and milk in a small mixing bowl. Add to hot frying pan and cook until mostly cooked through. Just before finished, add cooked potatoes (I use leftovers and just heat them through at this point) and cheese. Cook without stirring for 1-2 minutes, just to melt cheese slightly. Remove from pan.
- Wipe any remaining eggs from frying pan with paper towels. Over medium heat, add uncooked tortilla and cook for 30-seconds, or until tortilla starts to bubble. Flip and cook for 30-seconds more. Remove and repeat with second tortilla.
- With cooked tortilla open on a plate and layer half of egg mixture, one slice of bacon, and half of the remaining ingredients. Roll up and repeat with second tortilla.
- Serve immediately!
Now be sure to enter the TortillaLand Giveaway for a $25 Costco Cash Card!