The holidays are amazing and wonderful and I love them, but they do get extremely crazy. I hosted 30+ family members for Thanksgiving, and I’m sure I’ll have plenty of family members over during Christmas break. Between the cleaning and the cooking, and gift wrapping, there really isn’t a lot of time left for grocery shopping. As I prepped for our big Thanksgiving meal, I was introduced to Walmart Online Grocery Pickup and it was a serious game changer!
At no additional charge, customers can now do their Walmart grocery shopping online, and someone in the store will gather the items and bring it to your car. Plus, you get the same low prices you would get in the store. It’s pretty incredible. Here’s a rundown of how the service works:
1. Create an account with Walmart.
2. Search the items you’re looking for and add them to your cart. Not all items are available for online shopping, but most groceries and select household items are. Your favorites can also be saved for easy reordering.
3. For a limited time use promo code REALEASY during checkout to get $10 off an order of $50 or more. Expires 1/31/17.
4. Upon checkout, select an available time slot to pick up your groceries. Depending upon availability, you may have to wait a day or two to get your groceries, so keep this in mind when you begin your shopping. You will have an hour slot to select, and you can show up anytime during that hour.
5. When your pickup time is near, you have two options for getting your groceries. 1) Drive to the store and park in an assigned parking spot (follow the many signs), before calling the number on the parking sign, to notify the store you’re there and ready to pick up your groceries.
2) Download the “Walmart Grocery” app on iOS or “Walmart Grocery Check-in” app on Android. Turn your GPS on and check into the app, which then allows the store to track your whereabouts, and notifies them when you’ve arrived to the store. It’s so easy, and you don’t have to do a thing when you arrive at Walmart. Just park in a designated spot and wait for your groceries to be brought out to your car.
I was so excited when I got to Walmart with my 4 kids in tow, and I didn’t have to step foot inside! Shopping with all of my kids is not always the most fun job I have, and Walmart allowed me to skip that when my week of preparing for holiday company was hairy enough. You better believe I’ll be using this service again – and at no extra charge! Because our area charges for bags, I could have opted to pay for bags and have the store bag everything up, or bring my own and have them bag them at my car. I brought my reusable bags and the store clerk bagged my groceries right in my trunk. It worked like a charm!
Something kind of cool to note: I ordered Mission tortilla chips online, but when I got to the store and had to sign off on my order, I was told they had to swap the chips for Tostitos tortilla chips, and wanted to make sure I was okay with the switch. I told them I thought Mission chips were cheaper, and they said I wouldn’t have to pay the difference. Score, right? From the time you shop online to the time you pick up your items, you will also always get the lowest price.
What are you waiting for? Go be your own grocery hero and see if there’s a store near you offering Online Grocery Pickup!