Technology is a large part of our society in these days, and fortunately it has rescued some of my family road trips. I have had to learn how to moderate my kids’ use of electronics, but one time I always unleash them is when we are going on a road trip. I can’t tell you how much having their Nintendo 3DS’s has saved my kids from bickering in the car. I don’t allow them when we are just driving around town, but anything more than 30 minutes, you better believe it. For our recent trip to Carmel, I was excited to introduce the kids to the new Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, for Nintendo 3DS.
The new Nintendo game can help kids learn about the Olympic games before they kick off the summer. We love watching the Olympics, and my kids especially love the summer Olympics, because that means there will be soccer! My twin boys are most obsessed with soccer, so they were very excited when they found out Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games came with a game of soccer! Even better is that they’ve been able to put this game onto both of their Nintendo 3DS’s, and play the game together. I love when game playing can include more of the family, and the kids aren’t just isolated with themselves and their screen.
Here is what my kids have to say about Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games:
- There are several events to choose from, including events with a Mario & Sonic flare. They love seeing a touch of Mario and Sonic right in the middle of Olympic gameplay.
- Tons of characters to choose from. Each event has a different selection of characters. Mario and Sonic can be selected in any event.
- The pocket marathon is super cool because it counts your steps, and acts like a pedometer. The game has rewards when a certain amount of steps is achieved.
- Road to Rio is another selection on the main menu. This is where you train your Mii to win gold Olympic Medals, in Rio, against Mario or Sonic.
- Outfits can be changed to “up” your stats.
As you can see, this game is packed with fun for any Mario, Sonic, or Olympics lover! My kids are 12, 10, 10, and 7, and all are thoroughly enjoying this new game by Nintendo. Pick up your copy of Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games on Amazon, for just $39.88!