Gourmet Banana Bread
In case you have some last minute baking you need to do for Christmas, you can’t go wrong with this Gourmet Banana Bread. It is some of the best banana bread I have had. So moist and delicious. I just made a couple of loaves today, to deliver to some ladies from church. I made a small loaf for my family and I to enjoy while still warm. This is such a moist and delicious bread!
I love homemade bread best warm with melted butter on top. YUM! I can never get enough of it. This bread is really great anytime of year, so bookmark it, pin it, print it, etc.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups ripe bananas, mashed (about 7 bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and combine.
- Mix in mashed bananas and vanilla. Stir in nuts at this point, if adding them.
- Pour batter into two greased 9x5 inch loaf pans. This recipe makes large loaves, or several small loaves.
- Bake on center rack for 60-70 minutes.Toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Turn out of pans onto rack, and cool before slicing.