Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Recipe
Who can resist a warm gooey cinnamon roll, straight from the oven. Even better – add some cream cheese icing and you have got yourself one of the tastiest treats! I have been using the same cinnamon roll recipe for several years now, and it is one I got from a friend. She deemed it as the Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Recipe. I don’t know if these rolls are exactly like the Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls, but they taste just as good (or better, in my opinion).
I will warn you that this particular recipe is for use in a bread machine, but I have made it without. The bread machine is just for making the dough, so as long as you knead and allow dough to rise properly without the machine, you should be good to go. The dough cycle on my bread machine runs for an hour and a half, and it kneads and rises at least a couple of times during it’s course. I’d love to hear if any of you give this a try, without a bread machine.
- 4 Tbs melted butter
- 4 Tbs water
- ½ box instant vanilla pudding (half of the 3.4 oz box)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups bread flour (will still taste good with all-purpose flour)
- 2½ tsp yeast
- ½ softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp milk
- Place the first 9 ingredients in the bread machine (butter through yeast).
- Set bread machine for the dough cycle (should be about 1.5 hours). Knead and let rise several times if not using a bread machine.
- Remove dough from bread machine and roll out to a 17"x10" rectangle.
- Spread softened butter over dough and sprinkle with brown sugar & cinnamon.
- Roll dough from long end, like a jellyroll.
- Pinch ends to close.
- Slice rolled dough into ½" slices. This is easy to do using unflavored dental floss.
- Place rolls into greased pan and let rise until doubled. This works best if you cover pan with a clean towel and place on top of the oven while it preheats.
- Bake rolls at 350°, for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Mix all frosting ingredients until smooth.Spread on warm rolls.