Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Cool Whip Frosting
I have two amazing things for you today! First of all, did you know that Kraft now makes a Cool Whip frosting? Why yes – yes it does! In the freezer section of your grocery store, you can find varieties of Cool Whip Frosting right next to the Cool Whip. How are these different, you might ask? They are thicker and creamier, but have the same great flavor. My local Walmart had the Cool Whip Frosting in chocolate, vanilla and cream cheese.
To help you all out, right now you can print a Cool Whip Frosting Coupon, just below:
Because it is Fall, and I have pumpkin on the brain ALL. THE. TIME., I decided to go with the cream cheese frosting. Oh so tasty it is. I would love to just dip graham crackers in it for a snack, but I have something even better for you: Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Cool Whip Frosting!! I got the idea for the Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes from Baking Bites, and I was blown away at how easy and fun these are to make. The only difficult thing about them is that it was tough to know when they were done cooking, as they are supposed to be of the consistency of pumpkin pie, in the middle, but not exactly on top. Mine probably could have cooked a tad longer, to make removing them from the cupcake wrappers a tad easier, but they were certainly tasty! These taste just like pumpkin pie without the crust! I’m thinking this would be a great way to get your pumpkin pie fix throughout the year!
The Cream Cheese Cool Whip Frosting atop these little babies were the perfect way to complete them! I couldn’t believe how delicious this frosting is, and it’s pre-made! I am not typically a fan of pre-made frosting, but this stuff literally “takes the cake”! Totally easy recipe from start to finish, and perfect to serve for any occasion. I made these cupcakes yesterday, just because. I believe in celebrating the little things in life, and yesterday was a day when hubby got to be home with us for the day because he didn’t have classes. This is huge for our family as he lives a few hours away during the week, for school. He has back at it today, but it sure was nice to have him home yesterday, and to enjoy some delicious treats together!
Ready for the recipe?
|Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Cool Whip Frosting #CoolWhipFrosting|
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup half and half
- Cream Cheese Cool Whip Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and half and half, until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the large bowl of wet ingredients, and whisk until no streaks of flour remain and batter is smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup (lined with paper liners) with approximately 1/3 cup of batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan.
- They will sink as they cool (which is fun to watch)
- Chill cupcakes before serving. Top with lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- Top with Cream Cheese Cool Whip Frosting!
The cupcakes were a HUGE hit with the family and some friends that I shared with.
Join the #CoolWhipFrosting Twitter Party 10/25 @ 12pm EST. Frosting, celebrations, prizes! http://cbi.as/tpo30
“I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Kraft Cool Whip. #CoolWhipFrosting #CBias #SocialFabric