Oven Roasted Tater Tots with Apples and Sausage
When it comes to weeknight meals, I love simplicity. Between running around to soccer practice, gymnastics, scouts and other errands, I could use more time in the day. A meal that comes together in a jiffy, is just what I need. I decided to see what I could do with Ore-Ida tater tots, to create a full and appetizing, including fresh produce.
Because we are approaching Fall, I wanted to come up with a recipe that uses apples, and possibly apple cider. I racked my brain and decided that a tater tot recipe using a nice chicken sausage (preferably apple chicken sausage, which my Walmart didn’t carry), apple cider and onion, would be great. The recipe would need some color, so why not add some red bell peppers. Hence, the Oven Roasted Tater Tots with Apples and Sausage, was born. Everyone enjoyed the dish, and it was so easy to make!!
|Oven Roasted Tater Tots with Apples and Sausage #OreIdaDinner||
- 1 bag of Ore-Ida Tater Tots
- 2 ropes of Smoked Chicken Sausage (or any other sausage you enjoy. I quite enjoy Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage), cut into larger than bite-size pieces – 2 inches long
- 1/2 large yellow onion, cut into bite-size wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tart apples (Granny Smith works well), chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425°, and spray or line a jelly roll pan with foil.
- Combine sausage, onion, bell pepper and apples in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and combine.
- Add apple cider and mix until everything is coated.
- Pour bowl of ingredients out onto jelly roll pan. Dump the entire bag of tater tots on top of the other ingredients, but no need to mix in.
- Bake pan for 22 minutes, or until apples are tender and tots are cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!