Glazed Pumpkin Donuts
You all know how much I have been LOVING my pumpkin recipes. I have another one for you that is definitely a winner! I made these Glazed Pumpkin Donuts just last week, for girl’s night. They were a huge hit, and loved by all! I wish I could tell you that these donuts are healthy, and fat free, but it just wouldn’t be true. Sometimes it is okay to splurge and indulge in these tasty treats – in moderation, right? One of my girlfriends even asked if she could, “Take another one home to her hubby”. Or sneak it out to the car and eat it!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe if you like it!
This Pumpkin Donut is adapted from a recipe I spotted on Babble.
- 3½ cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tspsalt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Canola oil for frying
- Buttermilk Glaze
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, spice and sugar.
- In a second medium bowl, Whisk together all of the remaining ingredients (except for the canola oil).
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir them around the bowl until the mixture is well combined.
- Turn batter out onto a lightly floured surface, rolling the donut dough to approximately1/4-1/2″ thick. (I know this will seem quite thin, but the donuts puff up immensley while frying). Cut with a donut cutter.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, gently slide the donuts into the oil. Fry donuts on the first side until the edges of the donut are lightly browned. Flip carefully and allow to cook on the other side until lightly browned.
- Remove and dunk immediately into buttermilk glaze.
- Allow to air dry on a cooling rack before serving.
- To make glaze, whisk together ingredients in a small bowl, until smooth.