Cinnamon Roll Cake
I have a new recipe that serves great as breakfast and/or dessert! This Cinnamon Roll Cake recipe is fairly easy, but is sure to please everyone. It slightly reminds me of a coffee cake flavor, but definitely more moist. Instead of a crumb topping, you have an ooey gooey cinnamon and glaze topping, which sinks in as it bakes. Beware – this cake is BUTTERLICIOUS!
This recipe comes from Grin and Bake It.
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9×13 glass baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer, add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Combine well.
- Slowly stir in the melted butter.
- Pour into the prepared 9×13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl mix the 2 sticks of butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy.
- Drop evenly over the batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out nearly clean.
- In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together with a whisk.
- Drizzle evenly over the warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.